Training and education
Material Issue Training and education
- ● Develop personnel with specialties, creativity, and individuality
- Personnel Department
[Policy/Point of view]
Based on the idea that “the Bando Group’s business is dependent on our people” set forth in the “Group Code of Conduct,” the Group strives to develop personnel with specialties, creativity, and individuality. We promote effective employee education according to the “Regulations on promotion of education and training” based on the “Human Resource Development Basic Policy” of Banco Chemical Industries.
Develop personnel with specialties, creativity, and individuality
With (1) Promote self-development and improve job satisfaction, (2) Develop human resources through operations and ensure diversity, and (3) Enhance talent management and sense of unity as basic policies, we have made programs and set targets for the hierarchical education and function-based education under the annual education policy, etc. deliberated in the Education/Training Promotion Committee to promote them.
Human Resource Development Policy
Based on Bando’s management philosophy, our human resource development
policy is designed to enhance each employee’s
abilities, motivation and devotion to teamwork. We want each employee to grow personally
through their work and have a
useful role in the company. The educational system is divided into two categories:
hierarchical education and
function-based education. Hierarchical education is divided across the sectors to
recognize role recognition by each
level, interpersonal skill improvement, and function-based education to acquire
expertise necessary for performing
duties. In addition, we set up an educational policy that is an important goal every
year and are promoting each
The education curriculum for the production division is revised regularly to link lectures with the actual work, and we plan to apply this approach to other divisions.
Participants of external education programs are selected based on recommendations on the basis of each candidate’s career and internal application, etc. to support individual career development.
[Main educational and training programs]
- Training by qualification hierarchy (training for eligible workers)
- Follow-up training after 3 years of entering the company
- New Employee Training
- Bando Institute of Technology (5 programs)
- Education of manufacturing technologies conservation (consisting of 3 programs such as production technology)
- Manufacturing School(Education consisting of 5 programs for each stage of manufacturing site)
- Bando Sales and Marketing School (2 courses)
- Manufacturing School
- It is designed to cultivate abilities to solve problems or issues at the production bases and enhance knowledge and expertise required of leaders on the manufacturing front lines through self-directed improvement activities. In fiscal 2016, we started participating in other companies’ improvement activities as well, helping to change our awareness. We have also had personnel from overseas production bases participate in some of the training.
- Online training
- In fiscal 2020, as a measure against COVID-19, we shortened the period of certain trainings or cancelled them and replaced many group trainings with online trainings which allow group members to communicate as much as possible.
Implemented a selection-type training system to develop expatriates (and the next-generation leaders)
In fiscal 2021, we selected candidates for the next-generation leaders and started trainings for them to learn a wide range of business skills and necessary knowledge and strengthen English language capabilities. At the English presentation training held to present the outcomes of the one-year training, the participants' supervisors and members of overseas bases also participated and asked lots of questions in English, making it a lively training session. It was also an inspirational event for the members of overseas bases, motivating them to re-strengthen their English skills. After the one year of learning, all participants showed an improvement in CEFR scores by one to two levels, which gave them confidence and had a positive impact on their motivation to learn English in the second year.
Enhancement of communication
We organize various events such as “Sports day” and “Summer festival” to promote friendship between the Group’s employees and their family members. On the “Children’s visiting day” when employees’ children visit their parents’ workplace, we hope that the children not only see their parents work but also interact with working adults and learn about the joy and satisfaction of working so that each of them can develop their views on career and work. We also support 12 clubs and circles enjoying, for example, football, golf, and bowling to facilitate communication. Information on these events and activities is made available through communication tools such as the Group Intranet and the Group newsletter and significantly contributes to offering hot topics about the Group and sharing updates on other offices and employees.